Dr. Nag Yeon Lee holds Ph.D. in Operations Research and system Analysis from the New York University, Polytechnic School of Engineering. For the past 10 years (2008-2017) he worked for the United Nation, ESCAP / APCICT (Korea) where he served as ICT Consultant and Instructor for e-Government. Consulting work involved e-Government Applications such as G2C, G2B, and G2G for developing countries. He also authored a book for e-Government Application (ICT) for Government Leader (2008) under the UNAPCICT sponsorship. The module provides an overview of the potential impact of e-Government implementation, the key elements of e-Government, the types of e-Government services, and important success factors as well as barriers to achieving success in e-Government services.
He served Hyundai Information Technology as Senior VP (1996 – 2005) (Korea), where his main areas were International business development and IT consultant in the areas of Banking, ERP, SCM, BPR, Information Security systems, Smart ID card, e-passport, e-Government consulting, and solution provider; Hyundai IT is a part of Hyundai Business group.
He also served as independent consultant
- The Civil Registration system for the Republic of Sudan
Feasibility study on CRS (Civil Registration System) for enhancement of the current existing ID system. (03/2016 – 10/2016).
- Jamaica Citizen Identity Management consulting project, Kingston, Jamaica
IDB (Inter-America Development Bank) consulting project (10/2011 – 04/2012).
- Bangladesh Identification System
for Enhancing Access to Services(IDEA) Project World Bank Consulting project : 09/2010 –02/2011, WB Dhaka regional office, Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh Election Commission(BEC)
Dhaka, Bangladesh, Preparation of Electoral Roll with Photographs(PERP) 04/2010 – 08/2010, United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) Consulting Project for establishment of Master Plan for the National ID card project.
- Develop PKI framework and Guideline for Government of Ethiopia
02/2010 – 06/2010, EICTDA, Ministry of Information and Communication, 4 Months World Bank Consulting Project), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Consulting project for Afghanistan National Identification Card system
(06/2009 – 02/2010) Ministry of Interior & MCIT, Government of Afghanistan.
- Study current existing ID card system currently used in Afghanistan (As-Is Analysis). This study was done with the Ministry of Interior.
- To-Be Model design. Recommend new ID card system including business process, technical elements, and implementation plan with the total project cost estimation.
- Integrated public utilities billing consulting project, EICTDA
Ethiopian Government, Ministry of Information and Communication, Government of Ethiopia, Addis Ababa 02/2009 – 05/2009 (4 Months World Bank Funded Project)
- State Bank of Pakistan, Karachi, Modernizing entire Government Banking system
The implementation of complete central bank automation system include Core-government Banking, Data Warehouse, ERP, and Billing system. Worked as Implementation Project Manager / Owner World Bank Funded Project : 2001 – 2005
- State Bank of Vietnam, Hanoi, Vietnam
Modernizing IBPS (Inter-Bank Payment System) project World Bank Funded Project: 1998 – 2001, Worked as Implementation Project Manager